http://i.imgur.com/lFJfC4i.jpg

Saturday, May 15, 2010

HOH memories!

I worked at the House of Hope for 2 years, and they were all so memorable. I learned how to communicate more properly, recognize unhealthy relationships (they're everywhere!), set boundaries, recognize black and white thinking (the hardest for me to do), and many more life skills. But most of all, I learned how to care about so many amazing women in recovery, who despite driving me crazy time and time again by many manipulations and tantrums, showed me courage and strength through their example. Due to confidentiality, none of them are in these pictures, but will always be in my memories, whether pleasant or unpleasant. :) But I want to share with you the amazing co-workers who helped make me who I am today! I love and miss you guys!

I loved Halloween and seeing how creative people were. The theme this year was "villians and superheroes"



Ursula vs Wonder Woman....who would win?

The year before it was the baby vs the ninja. I think we can all see who won that time!









One of my favorite things about working there, was going on Big Rec activities. They were so much fun! We would take the women and their children out in the community on activities, but no one ever said we couldn't have just as much fun as the kids!






Ice skating was one of my favorite activities. Lori claims Rachel and I pushed her over on the ice, but I still hold true to my story that she fell on her own. Good thing we always have the first aid kit handy!


1 comment:

Abby said...

I'm glad you had fun at House of Hope. You were so busy back then, we had to schedule phone calls.