http://i.imgur.com/lFJfC4i.jpg

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Festival of Colors

My first experience at the Festival of Colors! Within minutes of being there, colored chalk was already being thrown at us! We sat and watched some ceremonial dancing, story telling, but we were all waiting for the exciting part: the throwing of the chalk! Oh, and the witch burning was kinda cool, too! Marci was a little more prepared than myself to prevent chalk from staining





After the chalking, Kelli and i had to pose for a picture




Luckily, Angela brought us masks


Angela, Marci, and I before the drive home! The experience was everything I had hoped it would be!!!

2 comments:

Abby said...

I want to go to the chalk festival:( Where is it? What do you do (besides throw chalk)?

Hallziepoo said...

it's at the hauri christna temple is spanish fork. there's music, and a little dancing, they tell a little bit about their heritage. but mainly people just want to throw chalk.