http://i.imgur.com/lFJfC4i.jpg

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

When country comes to town!

 Shantell got us free tickets to see JoDee Messina tonight at the Salt Lake County Fair.  Now I'll admit that despite considering myself somewhat of a country girl at heart, I have not kept up on the latest country music, but JoDee Messina became big when I was country through and through.  Confession time:  one summer in between semesters at college, I had one day where I watched 12 hours straight of CMT (Country Music Television).  Yep, don't judge.

I wanted to get much closer to the stage.  I like to see people's faces.  JoDee sure was an engaging entertainer.  She told stories of what was going on in her life that inspired songs.  She told jokes.  She danced around on the stage and was full of energy.  I LOVED IT!!


Her opening act's name was Dylan Scott.  Never heard of him.  Only thing I could tell from our seats was that he had nice arms.  After he performed, he went out to a table and took pictures and signed autographs with as many people as wanted to.  I didn't feel like standing in the line but wanted to try to sneak a picture of him.  At this point it was dark and all the pictures were blurry and had people in the way.  This drunk lady next to me kept saying, "you want a picture of him?  Here, give me your phone and I'll take it for you."  I politely declined and said that it was ok.  She persisted 3-4 times and each time I declined.  She said, "why are you girls being so stubborn?"  Let's be honest.  We've all had experiences when some intoxicated tries to take a picture for us.  Either we are blurry or our heads gets cut off.  Plus, she was so persistent that it was suspicious and I didn't want her to run off with my phone.  LOL

Finally, she gave up on me and went for Shantell's phone.  Shantell wasn't as defensive as I was and let her take her phone.  This lady just goes walking up in front of everyone and starts snapping pictures.  When one of the security guards turned to her, she simply gave him a drunken hug with her left hand and snapped a photo with her right hand.  Amused, I asked the younger girl standing next to me if that was her mom.  She said, "no, that's my aunt.  She helps manage Dylan."  We laughed as I said, "well that explains why she is so persistent."  But she came back with an amazing picture of this hottie....

Can I get a WOWZA!!!!  I'll take an order of him please!


We also wanted to get a photo of the persistent manager.  What a great publicist.  She is the blonde on the left.


Such a fun night full of music I love!  JoDee Messina was fantastic!  And her opener was very easy on the eyes.


















No comments: