http://i.imgur.com/lFJfC4i.jpg

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Year of Firsts.....October

October was eventful in two particular ways:  1) I got to see my little sister and my only niece and nephews, and 2) I got to experience the well renowned Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Festival!  My sister, being the punctual soul she is, woke us up around 4:30 AM to arrive on time for the 6 AM departures.  It was freezing cold, and those of you who know how grumpy I get when I'm tired can only imagine that I was having my doubts about whether this was worth pulling me out of a nice, warm bed sleeping. 




Well, all it took was one look at the Wicked balloon, and all my doubts went away.  This was the coolest event ever!!!  I took so many pictures of that balloon, and I re-looked at the pictures so many times, that this stranger behind me while looking over my should said to me, "I think we all know what your new wall paper is going to be."  Dang Straight!  That was the coolest balloon ever!  It is my dream to ride in it someday!  All the other balloons were pretty cool too.  There was hundreds of different varieties, and it was cool to see so many balloons in the air at the same time.  Definitely an event I would do again.





1 comment:

Abby said...

Awesome! I'm glad that you sacrificed sleep, besides, you are the queen of the afternoon nap right?