http://i.imgur.com/lFJfC4i.jpg

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Year of Firsts...September

I love all sports.  I love to play them.  I love to watch.  Even as a little girl, I used to love snuggling up next to my dad and watching Sunday football, until he told me I was too big to snuggle up next to him. Apparently, some people think being an adult and snuggling with your dad is "too big" or whatever.  I'm still scarred.  I had been to a BYU football game when I lived in Provo, but I had never been to a University of Utah football game while living in Salt Lake.  Thanks to Shantell and Emily, I was invited to attend with them.  It was a blazing hot day, and the Utes destroyed the other team, but it was fun to be in the stadium live with all the action. 




As an avid Hunger Games fan, my dream was to be just like Katniss Everdeen.  What better way than to learn archery.  That not so young gentleman in the wheelchair was my instructor.  Let's all imagine that he was my "Gale."  Archery was fun, and it is an activity I could see myself doing with friends on occassion.  I am not very good....yet.  Don't walk within a 30 foot radius of me and you'll be safe.



My friend Angela had found a balloon sculpting class while looking at a community ed catalog.  She thought it was be fun to try for my year of firsts, and surprisingly, she was right.  Call me a nerd and put a fake red nose on my face, but I LOVED balloon sculpting!!  I even bought extra balloons so I could take them to work and make them for all my co-workers.  I'm pretty sure my cool points went through the roof!  If you ever need a clown for a kid's party, give me a ring.  I can make a mad pirate's sword!


1 comment:

Abby said...

Cool. I still climb up on my mom's lap, even though she groans in agony. Haha. You are really doing so many fun things! Keep it up BFF>