http://i.imgur.com/lFJfC4i.jpg

Sunday, January 15, 2012

"2011 and I'm in Heaven" comes to an end

Every year deserves to have a theme.  "Looking great in 2008," "Feeling fine in 2009," "Mastering my zen in 2010,"  and "2011 and I'm in heaven."  Although 2011 was a fantastic year, I had zero desire to live the single life for New Year's eve.  We all know the drill as a single person: Spending hours getting ready and making sure you look just right.  Hoping that there will be someone to kiss at New Year's, but then you realize you are in Utah and unless you're dating someone, there will be no new year's kiss.  Party hopping and trying to socialize and meet new people.  It's exhausting!  So this year, I decided to lay low and hang out with my married friends.  I know they love me and accept me even with all my quirks.  Amy was a very gracious host.  She even bought a "kit" so help bring in the new year.   

Amy with her Neon New Year's kit
Aaron and Amy 

Amy and Aaron gave us a tour of their new pad.  Their shower is the master of illusion.  You'd have to see it to know what I'm referring to.
Hailee and I 
Landon and Hailee 
Kristin and myself
Kristin was flying in from California and joined us shortly before midnight.  Aaron took it upon himself to entertain us for the night.  We played Tribond, and naturally, my team won.  Hailee wasn't much of a contributor.  The point of the game is that you get 3 things and you have to come up with the common bond.  Hence, the name "tribond."  Here's an example:  Pie, Earth, and Bread.  What do those 3 things have in common?  They all have crusts.  So, Hailee, Landon, and I are on a team.  The whole time, Hailee was bantering Landon that he wasn't getting much right, but the whole time, Hailee wasn't even attempting to answering.  One round she was feeling brave.  The opposing team was reading the clues one at a time.  Opposing team, "White."  Hailee, "Christmas."  Opposing team continues, "Apple Cider."  Hailee shouts louder, "Christmas!"  Opposing team gives third clue, "Balsamic."  Hailee shouts even more confidently, "Christmas in Italy!!"  I decide to bail her out at this point, "they're all vinegars."  Nice try Hailee!  LOL

My cheeseball
The boys threw out all sorts of tricks to entertain us.  Aaron showed us how to spin a pillow on one finger.  Landon did a toe touch.  He was so quick and amazing that my camera couldn't even catch a picture without being blurry.


The highlight of the night is when Aaron taught how important jaw position is in athletic ability.  Apparenlty, having your jaw positioned in a certain way can increase athleticism.   I was skeptical at first, so like any true skeptic would, I had him prove it to me.  Amy was our first subject.  Holding a pencil between your teeth gets the jaw in just the right position.  

Hailee showed us how far she could, or couldn't stretch, without the pencil

 And....with the pencil.  Look how much closer she is to actually being able to touch her toes.

Now it was my turn.  I was a good sport, even though I knew it was a bunch of hocus pocus.

It was the stretching that truly converted me.  I did it without the pencil.  Got all smug and put the pencil in my mouth while thinking, "yeah, this isn't going to do much at all."  I reached for my toes and went a good 3 inches farther.....this picture doesn't do justice to how truly flexible I became.  Mid stretch, I gasped in unbelief and my eyes got wide.  It worked!  I was ready to tell the world.  I went to work the next day and showed my co workers, who also pretended to be non-believers themselves, until I saw them showing their teams.

We also played some game where you have to build stuff with legos and have your team guess what it is.  Can you tell this is a shoe??  Yeah, neither could my team. 

It came time for the countdown.  Amy and Aaron didn't have a TV, so we tried to find the countdown on the internet.  Every person traded off trying to find a site that would show time square live.  Hailee and I were sitting there and she was making it known that she wanted to see it live.  I have gotten into a habit of taking things people say and trying to throw it back at them in a trash talking kind of way.  Well, it's gotten me into trouble a couple times.  I won't include the inappropriate thing I accidentally said to one of my co-workers, but this next story will give you an idea.  Hailee said, "It's not New Year's unless we see the ball drop."  My immediate response, "I'll drop your....."  I stopped mid sentence as I realized what I was about to say.  Hailee and I busted up laughing for about 10 minutes while everyone just looked at us.  Well, we never saw the ball drop.  Sorry Hailee.  This was the best we could find.  It was super exciting.

Thus ended my low key New Year's Eve, and I must add, it was a good one!!  Love all my married peeps!  2012 needs a theme, and I'm open to suggestions.

No comments: