http://i.imgur.com/lFJfC4i.jpg

Sunday, January 27, 2013

2013...Year of Firsts

I've never been a girl of many hobbies.  When people asked me what I like to do, I immediately respond, "I like sports and people."  As you can see...not a very long list.  I have also never been one to make new year's resolutions.  I think it's unrealistic to make a drastic life change just because it's a resolution.  If you wanted to make the change bad enough, you probably would've done it by now, resolution or not.

I was talking to my friend Angela Hanks about hobbies.  I told her that I don't have many, and it would be nice to say more than "I like basketball" when I meet new people.  She and I decided to make a list of new things I would try this year.  And thus began my very first new year's resolution...I was going to try one new thing a month.  It could be as big as visiting a new country, medium like trying a new activity, or as simple as cooking a new recipe.  I don't want to overwhelm and limit myself in what could count as a "first," since I'm already leery of accomplishing new year's resolutions.

Some ideas I want to try are:
Ice Fishing, Snow Shoe-ing, sew/crochet/knit, ceramics/pottery, sky diving, zumba, languages, and the list goes on.

Other ideas that friends want me to try:
Bikram Yoga (the thought of this scares the tar out of me), cake decorating class (don't know if this interests me at all, but I guess that's the purpose of this resolution), police ride along, and some that I'm sure will continue to come up through out the year.

To help me remember my resolution, I have this hung up on the wall next to my bed.  If anyone has any other suggestions for me, please let me know!  It's going to be a great year!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Take the bus one day to run all your errands.

Abby said...

I still think you should do the hide races at the Ute STampede!