http://i.imgur.com/lFJfC4i.jpg

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Pictures in my Purse!

I've had this purse for 2 years or so, and pretty consistently people ask me, "Hey, why don't you have pictures in the slots of your purse?" I tell them that I have no one to put in there because I'm single and don't have anyone worth putting there. This usually starts a conversation where whomever I am talking to will plead their case as why they should have their picture there. I usually just laugh and make up some obscenely impossible task they must first do for me in order to earn the privilege to have their picture in my purse! They, of course, never complete the task and my purse, therefore, remains blank and empty.
Today's conversation went slightly different. I was visiting my good friends in Provo, when Kira asked about the slots in my purse. Instead of pleading her case why she should get her picture in there, she suggested we paint pictures to put in there! This was the best idea I had heard in ages!!! So, the brainstorming began. First Kira asked me what I'm passionate about. I immediately said, "sports." However, I don't want a purse with sports pictures, just seems weird. So, she switched up her technique a little. She told me to say the first things that comes to my mind when she states this sentence...and then she repeated, "what are you passionate about?" I said, "people." Seeing that this was going nowhere, Kira wrote down a bunch of topics on scraps of paper so we could draw out of a hat. First we drew "people"...we tossed that one aside and drew again. All of our faces clearly communicated that we did not like that solution. Next we pulled "plants" out of the hat. That seemed do-able. I also suggest that we do a dancing theme. Let the painting begin!

I painted a little African American woman dancing. Kira painted a boom box with a colorful tennis shoe, and Rachael painted a ballerina!



For the plants theme, I painted a sunflower. Kira painted a blossom tree, and Rachael painted a cool plant that I found on google images but have no idea what it is. I know there's some mushrooms in there somewhere!


I couldn't be more pleased with the results! My purse is finally complete!!!


3 comments:

Stacie and Jared said...

Sweet! I miss those days of "paint therapy" at Kira's apartment! Good thing you did have me there painting anything because I am horrible :) Your purse is awesome!

Hallziepoo said...

stace! it would have been so fun to have you there!!! i love our art therapy days!! we need to get together...will i see you at julia's baby shower?

Abby said...

Way to go Kira! Art therapy sounds awesome, although I am always afraid of what lies deep within my brain. It's best to keep that stuff locked up. :)